- Take a calcium supplement (400-500 mg three times daily) that has strontium, vanadium, and magnesium in it, away from food, since a high-fiber diet can interfere with proper absorption of calcium. Remember calcium is also found in green leafy vegetables so eat lots of them.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Half your body weight in ounces is a good amount, or at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- During allergy season, take 2,000-4,000 mg of Vitamin C per day, in divided doses, to support your metabolic and immune functions of your body.
- Eat foods with plenty of texture and color, which also happen to be high in fiber.
- Read food labels to help you make healthier, informed food choices.
- Get your blood moving and oxygen to your tissues and brain. Exercise at least 15 minutes (preferably enough to sweat) 3-4 times a week.
- Sleep 7-8 hours per night to give your body the restorative and recuperative time it needs for your active days.
- Quiet your mind daily through meditation, yoga, prayer or some other spiritual exercise.
What They Say About Us
Dr. Sullivan prescribed a homeopathic remedy for me and provided nutritional counseling as well. I had gone to another naturopathic doctor previously who had recommended that I practice a vegan diet. However, Dr. Sullivan identified me as “O” type blood and recommended that I have animal protein in my diet. After learning what my body’s unique dietary needs were, I noticed a remarkable difference in my state of well being. I had experienced an improvement in my health before, but had not experienced the state of vitality that I achieved under Dr. Sullivan’s care. I am grateful for her to take the time to learn about my body and my specific needs. I consider Dr. Sullivan a co-primary physician who partners with my internist to care for my health.
I would describe my experience at the Center for Natural Healing as transformational. I would recommend the Center to my family and friends I came to the Center for Natural Healing looking for different choices for improving my health and wanted the personal care of a practicing professional. I had been referred by a family member. Dr. Sullivan recommended a diet plan and my health has improved. I have lost weight, and I’m practicing preventive care. I have definitely recommended the Center for Natural Healing, Dr Sullivan, and her book (The Path to Healing) to my family and friends. In essence, I describe the services at the Center of Natural Healing as comprehensive.
My wife and I took our infant son to the Center for Natural Healing to treat his severe allergies. He had a milk allergy that would negatively affect his entire temperament. Literally after two weeks of treatment, he was a completely different kid!
Now we have two boys, ages eight and eleven. Over the years, Dr. Sullivan has impacted their health in a positive way. She has helped them to face how they feel. The Center for Natural Healing offered me a different approach to health by helping me heal holistically- mind, body and soul. I describe my experience at the Center as calming. I feel at home and trust Dr. Sullivan. Since the age of 9, I have been a patient at the Center for Natural Healing. My mother introduced me to the Center after my brother was successfully treated for epilepsy. After I entered college as a theatre and dance major, I chose to continue to go to the Center. I have wholeheartedly embraced a healthy lifestyle.
I am fond of Dr. Sullivan and have established a working relationship with her over the past eleven years. I highly regard her opinion and we both have a mutual respect and trust for each other. I first learned about the Center for Natural Healing through recommendations from friends. My two year old son had suffered from a seizure disorder and had been taking medications since he was eighteen months. Nothing seemed to work. He even slipped into a comma while in the hospital. I then turned to Dr. Sullivan at the Center for Natural Healing. She helped me to wean my son off of medication to a healthier life. I have not regretted my decision.
I have been a patient for the past fifteen years, and all three of my children have been patients at certain times in their lives. I have seen Dr. Sullivan for a variety of aliments and concerns including hypothyroidism (Hashimoto Disease), high cholesterol, stress, and peri-menopause. I have always preferred natural remedies over prescriptive drugs on an ongoing basis. The vitamins and remedies I receive from the Center have helped me a lot! I have referred hundreds and hundreds of people to the Center over the years. My older brother and sister-in-law had always been positive influencers regarding healthy living. When I moved to the area, I searched for a herbologist. I prefer natural medicine and have both an allopathic and naturopathic doctor.