Dr. Andrea Sullivan has been called upon to speak as an expert on naturopathic medicine by a wide range of media outlets. Her work has also been recognized by community organizations which value her commitment to good health.
Dr. Sullivan is a contributing writer for Prevention Magazine Health Books, Essence, Ebony, Heart and Soul, Huffington Post and Health Quest. She has been featured on network and cable television, local radio and many articles.
- Nature’s Medicine” with Barbara Harrison, NBC, Channel 4
- “Broadcast House Live”, Channel 9
- “Our Voices” BET
- “Fighting Fat” with Angela Owens, WRC-TV
- “Evening Exchange” with Kojo Namdi, WHMM, Channel 32
- “The Cathy Hughes Show” WFTY, Channel 50
- “P.M. Arlington” with Richard Massabny Arlington Community Television, Channel 33
- “Health today” Channel 8
- “Audrey Chapman”, WHUR-FM
- “Focus on Your Health”, with Dr. Karl Hammonds WGAY-FM
- “Crosstalk” with Ernest White, WDCU-FM
- “Public Notice”, with Lorne Cress Love WPFW-FM
- “Signs and Seasons”, with Gabree Amlak, WPFW-FM
- “Gary Null Show” WBLI-FM, NYC
- “Dr. In The House “, with Dr. Henry Fishman, WMAL -AM
- “The Daily Drum”, with Herman Washington, WHUR-FM
- HealthQuest: The Publication for Black Wellness
- Essence Magazine: November 1997; April, May & July 1998; July & August 1999; January & July 2000; January 2003
- Natural Health, November 2001
- Health Quest: The Publication for Black Wellness (2000 and 2001) — –Dental health, Living with Lupus, Insomnia, Managing Holiday Stress, Sarcoidosis
- Gospel Today “Healing the Natural Way”, August 1999
- The Washington Times Newspaper, July 17, 2001 & May 5, 1993
- Great Life Magazine, March 1999
- Heart & Soul, May 1999, 2008
- The Source: The Magazine of Hip-Hop Music, Culture & Politics, November 1997
- National Medical Association, Annual Conference
- Guest lecturer at Georgetown University and George Washington University: Naturopathic and Homeopathic Medicine
- State of Iowa Whole Life Exposition: Status of Health for African-Americans
- American Lung Association
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD
- Walter Reed Hospital, Preventive Medicine Department, Washington, DC
- From the Heart Ministries, Temple Hills, MD
- Union Temple Baptist Church, Washington, DC
- Keystone Mercy Health Plan, Mount Airy Church of God In Christ Church,
- Philadelphia Pa.
- New Creation Baptist Church, Washington DC
- Department Of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Abyssinian Baptist Church NYC
- Nebraska Commission on The Status of Women’s Health
- IDAMAR Enterprises – Spa Odyssey
- Black Career Women, Cincinnati Ohio
- National Black Women’s Health Project
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians*
- Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians
- National Center for Homeopathy Council on Homeopathic Certification**
- Naturopathic Medical Licensing Board***
*President of local chapter and founding member **President of local chapter and founding member of national organization ** Chairperson
Dr. Sullivan prescribed a homeopathic remedy for me and provided nutritional counseling as well. I had gone to another naturopathic doctor previously who had recommended that I practice a vegan diet. However, Dr. Sullivan identified me as “O” type blood and recommended that I have animal protein in my diet. After learning what my body’s unique dietary needs were, I noticed a remarkable difference in my state of well being. I had experienced an improvement in my health before, but had not experienced the state of vitality that I achieved under Dr. Sullivan’s care. I am grateful for her to take the time to learn about my body and my specific needs. I consider Dr. Sullivan a co-primary physician who partners with my internist to care for my health.
I would describe my experience at the Center for Natural Healing as transformational. I would recommend the Center to my family and friends I came to the Center for Natural Healing looking for different choices for improving my health and wanted the personal care of a practicing professional. I had been referred by a family member. Dr. Sullivan recommended a diet plan and my health has improved. I have lost weight, and I’m practicing preventive care. I have definitely recommended the Center for Natural Healing, Dr Sullivan, and her book (The Path to Healing) to my family and friends. In essence, I describe the services at the Center of Natural Healing as comprehensive.
My wife and I took our infant son to the Center for Natural Healing to treat his severe allergies. He had a milk allergy that would negatively affect his entire temperament. Literally after two weeks of treatment, he was a completely different kid!
Now we have two boys, ages eight and eleven. Over the years, Dr. Sullivan has impacted their health in a positive way. She has helped them to face how they feel. The Center for Natural Healing offered me a different approach to health by helping me heal holistically- mind, body and soul. I describe my experience at the Center as calming. I feel at home and trust Dr. Sullivan. Since the age of 9, I have been a patient at the Center for Natural Healing. My mother introduced me to the Center after my brother was successfully treated for epilepsy. After I entered college as a theatre and dance major, I chose to continue to go to the Center. I have wholeheartedly embraced a healthy lifestyle.
I am fond of Dr. Sullivan and have established a working relationship with her over the past eleven years. I highly regard her opinion and we both have a mutual respect and trust for each other. I first learned about the Center for Natural Healing through recommendations from friends. My two year old son had suffered from a seizure disorder and had been taking medications since he was eighteen months. Nothing seemed to work. He even slipped into a comma while in the hospital. I then turned to Dr. Sullivan at the Center for Natural Healing. She helped me to wean my son off of medication to a healthier life. I have not regretted my decision.
I have been a patient for the past fifteen years, and all three of my children have been patients at certain times in their lives. I have seen Dr. Sullivan for a variety of aliments and concerns including hypothyroidism (Hashimoto Disease), high cholesterol, stress, and peri-menopause. I have always preferred natural remedies over prescriptive drugs on an ongoing basis. The vitamins and remedies I receive from the Center have helped me a lot! I have referred hundreds and hundreds of people to the Center over the years. My older brother and sister-in-law had always been positive influencers regarding healthy living. When I moved to the area, I searched for a herbologist. I prefer natural medicine and have both an allopathic and naturopathic doctor.